[directfb-users] Re: Pixel format conversion and Different pixelformats

[directfb-users] Re: Pixel format conversion and Different pixelformats for windows

On 11/21/2003 05:28 PM, Ville Syrjälä wrote:
> Depends on how well the decoder is optimized. I just ran a quick test with
> mplayer + libavcodec + some xvid file. CPU usage was ~25% with sw color
> space conversion and ~5% with hw conversion..

I have similar performance with mplayer + libavcodec. On my epia-m with
via c3 1g, the cpu usage is around 50% to 60% for divx and xvid files.

Is there any way to get better video playback performance with dfb? How
about implementing libavcodec as a video provider? I remember someone on
this list mentioned that such implementation is full of traps. But is
there anyone working on this at the moment?

Selwyn