[directfb-users] Re: G450 two outputs (X primary, DirectFB secondary)

[directfb-users] Re: G450 two outputs (X primary, DirectFB secondary)

* Ville Syrjälä <syrjala@sci.fi> [040201 16:05]:
> > Can anyone give me any pointers on how to have output on *both* heads of
> > my videocard: a desktop on the first and simultaneous TV output on the
> > second head? If it would involve running XDirectFB instead of the
> > regular X11 it's no problem, but I haven't got a clue (or decent HOWTO)
> > how to do that.
>
> You need XDirectFB. The instructions are in the XDirectFB README.

I'm checking out the 'xc' module right now, but am wondering: is it
necessary to really compile a whole new X? I'm running debian unstable
and was wondering how others have done this. I couldn't find a .deb of
something like xserver-directfb. Has anyone done this?

> > I hope you can help me out. Also tips about running Freevo with DirectFB
> > would be very welkome because I haven't been able to get that running
> > with DirectFB (pygame error).
>
> I've never tried freevo so I can't help you. You could try asking on the
> freevo forums.

I will do so, thanks.

mdb
--