[directfb-users] directfb and dfbmga

Hello everyone

First of all, thanks for DirectFB, I really like it!

Last weekend, I played with mplayer's -vo option. Usually, I use -vo dfbmga
(my hardware is a Matrox G450) to get an image on TV. Then, I used -vo
directfb:layer=2 and also got an image on my TV, as expected. My question
is now, what is the difference (technically)?

Werner