[directfb-users] Re: starting directfb application from thread

[directfb-users] Re: starting directfb application from thread

Quoting Brian G. Rhodes:
> Are there any issues starting directfb from a thread?  I haven't looked
> into it very much, but if there is a known reason why this shouldn't
> work, it will save me some time.
>
> #0  0x41d269ef in primaryWaitVSync ()
>    from /usr/local/lib/directfb-0.9.20/systems/libdirectfb_fbdev.so
> #1  0x4025a46f in dfb_layer_wait_vsync () from
> /usr/lib/libdirectfb-0.9.so.20
> #2  0x402581a4 in dfb_layer_flip_buffers () from
> /usr/lib/libdirectfb-0.9.so.20
> #3  0x40236bd5 in IDirectFBSurface_Layer_Flip ()
>    from /usr/lib/libdirectfb-0.9.so.20
>
> This isn't the first time Flip is called for the primary surface in the
> application.

The stack trace looks fine. Most of the time is spent (or slept using
vsync interrupt) in the primaryWaitVSync(). That's normal if you use
DSFLIP_WAITFORSYNC. You can forbid vsync waiting by using the "vsync-none"
option, see directfbrc(5) for more details about configuration files and
command line parameters.

Do you have any other odd effect?