[directfb-users] Re: nvidia-setOpacity

--- Ville Syrj&#228;l&#228; <syrjala@sci.fi> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 09:44:19PM -0800, vivek
> wrote:
> > Hi..
> >  I am using nvidia RIVA TNT2 chipset.
> >  In the driver ,there is a SetOpacity in
> >  Overlay structure but whenever opacity value is
> >  changed in the application, that
> nv_ov0_SetOpacity ()
> >  function is not getting called. Why it is like
> that ?
>
> The only reasons I can think of is that you don't
> have admimistrative or
> exclusive access to the layer, or the opacity value
> didn't actually
> change. But the overlay doesn't support variable
> opacity values (only
> 0/255) so calling it with any value in between isn't
> exactly useful.

How can I get the administrative access ? I tried by
scrolling the mouse wheel to change the opacity..
so , at the point of 255, it might go into that
SetOpacity () function.. I gave printf statement there
to track it. That is never get printed.

For opacity value '0', it wont go inside, due to the
default opacity value of '8', but i expected that, it
should display the printf comments, while the opacity
is at 255. Its not printing.

I am using the gtk examples to check this. Is it
using any other different layers ? could you
please explain me ?

Thanks

=====
Anbudan