[directfb-users] Re: OT: fbset modeline for PAL TV anyone

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 08:59:50PM +0200, Juha Pahkala wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm trying to get XDirectFB running on the tv-out of my G400 card. I've
> tried to generate a working modeline for PAL, ie. 720x576, 50Hz, 32bit
> with the gtf modeline generator (http://www.sh.nu/nvidia/gtf.php).
> However, the modeline that it generates:

You don't need a modeline. Just use matrox-crtc2 + primary-layer=2
DirectFB options with XDirectFB and it should display on the TV. Oh and
you have to remove matroxfb_maven module from your kernel.

> mode "720x576 50.00Hz 32bit (GTF)"
>     # PCLK: 26.57 MHz, H: 29.65 kHz, V: 50.00 Hz
>     geometry 720 576 720 576 32
>     timings 37642 88 16 13 1 72 3
>     hsync low
>     vsync high
> endmode
>
> produces a picture with green horizontal bars on the tv. No good.

As you found out the TV-out is quite picky about the timing. If you really
need some working modelines mplayer source has a few.