[directfb-users] Re: Displaying buffer contents

Sven Neumann <neo@convergence.de> writes:

> I'd like to add that if you want to include the data in your code as
> your example did, then it's a lot easier and also more efficient to
> use directfb-csource.

I remembered directfb-csource shortly after i posted the
example. :)

But i'm not quite sure what you mean with "more efficient". Do you
mean the preallocated surface (and the correct laid out buffer in
the generated header)? I see this, but when i wrote the example i
had a situation in mind, where images are not predefined but
generated during execution (like video).

One last question then: Is it possible to create a window with a
preallocated surface? I justed scanned the docs a little bit but i
didn't find a way to specify a preallocated surface when i use
IDirectFBLayer::CreateWindow.

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.