[directfb-users] Re: Displaying buffer contents

[directfb-users] Re: Displaying buffer contents

Hi,

Stefan Nobis <stefan-ml@snobis.de> writes:

> I remembered directfb-csource shortly after i posted the example. :)
>
> But i'm not quite sure what you mean with "more efficient". Do you
> mean the preallocated surface (and the correct laid out buffer in
> the generated header)? I see this, but when i wrote the example i
> had a situation in mind, where images are not predefined but
> generated during execution (like video).

Sure, your example is definitely helpful. I simply wanted to mention
directfb-csource in this thread (mainly for the ML archive).

> One last question then: Is it possible to create a window with a
> preallocated surface? I justed scanned the docs a little bit but i
> didn't find a way to specify a preallocated surface when i use
> IDirectFBLayer::CreateWindow.

I don't think there's a way and I doubt it would be feasible to add
one.

Sven