[directfb-users] Re: NSC Geode display driver with FBDirect

[directfb-users] Re: NSC Geode display driver with FBDirect

Hi, Thanks for the reply, here's a little more info about what I'm
doing.

The application is running full screen, and mostly loads png's with
alpha channels, screen resolution is 640x480. I'm guessing the alpha
blending functions can't be handled in hardware so this is the
bottleneck.

Are there some tricks I can do with the images to speed up the loading?
If I save some images without alpha channels when I blit them on a
surface with an ARGB pixelformat will they draw quicker than images with
an alpha channel?

Thanks, Mikey.

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 20:43, Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:
> Quoting Michael McLellan:
> > Hi, Firstly thanks for DirectFB it's been very helpful.
> >
> > I'm using the Geode framebuffer driver from Alex Pavloff's website
> > (http://www.eason.com/linux/) and DirectFB with the NSC driver.
> >
> > Everything works OK but the screen is drawn very slowly. Depending on
> > how complicated the screen is I get between 6 - 12 fps. If I disable HW
> > acceleration the the directfbrc file I get the same performance, so I'm
> > guessing my HW acceleration isn't working properly.
>
> Hi,
>
> it heavily depends on the type of application, especially if it's using
> accelerated functions at all, windowed or fullscreen, transparency etc.
Michael McLellan
Software Developer
SWS Australia Pty. Ltd.
832 Cooper Street Somerton Victoria 3062 Australia
Ph : +61 3 9303 7512  Fax : +61 3 9303 7513  Mob : +61 421 056 240