[directfb-users] Re: NSC Geode display driver with FBDirect

[directfb-users] Re: NSC Geode display driver with FBDirect

I tried the National driver but I still get the same performance. I also
still get the same warning message. It looks as though the code is
identical.

Thanks, Mikey.

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 22:42, Jose Miguel Goncalves wrote:
> AMD (who took over Geode processors from NSC) has an updated framebuffer
> driver available (release 2.7.7 for kernel 2.4.17). It's available at:
>
> http://wwwd.amd.com/amd/developer.nsf/
>
> You must create an account at their site to access the driver and other
> Geode related documentation/software.
>
> I've asked them if they intend to upgrade the driver to support the 2.6
> kernel and the answer was no, for GX1 or GX2. They are only considering
> the driver maintenance for GX3 processors (but even this is not clear).
>
> Regards,
> José Gonçalves
>
> Michael McLellan wrote:
> > Hi, Firstly thanks for DirectFB it's been very helpful.
> >
> > I'm using the Geode framebuffer driver from Alex Pavloff's website
> > (http://www.eason.com/linux/) and DirectFB with the NSC driver.
> >
> > Everything works OK but the screen is drawn very slowly. Depending on
> > how complicated the screen is I get between 6 - 12 fps. If I disable HW
> > acceleration the the directfbrc file I get the same performance, so I'm
> > guessing my HW acceleration isn't working properly.
> >
> > I get the following on stderr:
> >
> > Dependent NSC Kernel FrameBuffer driver version is 2.7.7 or later
> > (*) DirectFB/GraphicsDevice: nsc NSC GX1/GX2 driver version 1.1 (NSC)
> > (*) DirectFB/Layer: Enabled 'FBDev Primary Layer'.
> >  (!!!)  *** CAUTION [setting new configuration failed] *** layers.c
> > (865)
> >
> > Can anyone tell me the sort of performance I should be getting and have
> > any pointers as to the cause of my problems.
> >

> > Thanks heaps, Michael McLellan

Michael McLellan
Software Developer
SWS Australia Pty. Ltd.
832 Cooper Street Somerton Victoria 3062 Australia
Ph : +61 3 9303 7512  Fax : +61 3 9303 7513  Mob : +61 421 056 240