[directfb-users] Re: STILL HAVE "Panning display failed" problem.

[directfb-users] Re: STILL HAVE "Panning display failed" problem.

Quoting Jack Liu (Shanghai):
> Dear all,
> 	I use direcfb-0.9.20, when I run examples, there will be "Panning
> display failed" problem.
> I am using vesa driver. and I am following README's suggestion to add ywarp
> to my bootline  in /etc/grub.cong as following:
> ---------------------------
> #/etc/grub.cong
>
> default=0
> timeout=10
> splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
> title Red Hat Linux (2.4.20-8)
> 	root (hd0,0)
> 	kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20-8 ro root=LABEL=/
> append="video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr" vga=0x314
> 	initrd /boot/initrd-2.4.20-8.img

Maybe "ypan" works better than "ywrap".

Which hardware are you using? How much video memory is available?

"fbset -i" gives you some useful information.