[directfb-users] Re: DirectFB persistent video output vs exclusive acces

[directfb-users] Re: DirectFB persistent video output vs exclusive access

Quoting Andreas Kotes:
> Heya,
>
> * Rob Shortt <rob@infointeractive.com> [20040708 15:15]:
> > I was thinking that when the UI application starts up it could
> > initialise a number of windows and layers (I was thinking of using
> > windowed mode).  Each window could have a certain purpose and specific
> > position from top to bottom.  The bottom window could be used for the
> > UI menus and display, top for and OSD text or graphics that you wish
> > to display on top of everything else (including video), and the
> > intermediate windows for video (pip, preview, and full display).
>
> sounds very (video)memory expensive to me?

Cards that support accelerated blending usually have enough RAM for this.

The solution proposed by Rob is best suited for G400 or CLE266 based
systems etc.