[directfb-users] Re: STILL HAVE "Panning display failed" problem.

[directfb-users] Re: STILL HAVE "Panning display failed" problem.

Jack Liu (Shanghai) wrote:
I tried  "ypan" insteadof  "ywrap", the probem still exists.
I am using VIA's CLE266 hardware.
This is the result of " fbset -i " on my machine:
mode "800x600-75"
    # D: 48.001 MHz, H: 46.876 kHz, V: 75.121 Hz
    geometry 800 600 800 600 16
    timings 20833 96 32 16 4 96 4
    rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
endmode

Frame buffer device information:
    Name        : VESA VGA
    Address     : 0xd8000000
    Size        : 67108864
    Type        : PACKED PIXELS
    Visual      : TRUECOLOR
    XPanStep    : 0
    YPanStep    : 0
    YWrapStep   : 0
    LineLength  : 1600
    Accelerator : No

Thanks a lot.
Jack.

It seems your BIOS doesn't support panning (I have the same problem with my AMI BIOS). You should use the VIA framebuffer driver, not Vesa.

Regards,
Claudio