[directfb-users] Re: gdk-directfb branched and updated for gtk+-2.4

[directfb-users] Re: gdk-directfb branched and updated for gtk+-2.4

Hi,

Jose Miguel Goncalves <jose.goncalves@inov.pt> writes:

> Yes.
>
> I've made some investigation and I found that the problem source is in
> gtkselection.c:
>
> #ifdef GDK_WINDOWING_WIN32
> /* No chunks on Win32 */
> #define GTK_SELECTION_MAX_SIZE(display) G_MAXINT
> #else
> #define GTK_SELECTION_MAX_SIZE(display)                                 \
>    MIN(262144,                                                           \
>        XExtendedMaxRequestSize (GDK_DISPLAY_XDISPLAY (display)) == 0     \
>         ? XMaxRequestSize (GDK_DISPLAY_XDISPLAY (display)) - 100         \
>         : XExtendedMaxRequestSize (GDK_DISPLAY_XDISPLAY (display)) - 100)
> #endif
>
> I think it should be necessary to redefine GTK_SELECTION_MAX_SIZE when
> GDK_WINDOWING_DIRECTFB is defined, or else it uses X dependencies.

You are missing the following change from the gtk-2-4 branch in GNOME
CVS:

2004-06-22  Matthias Clasen  <mclasen@redhat.com>

        * gtk/gtkselection.c (GTK_SELECTION_MAX_SIZE): Make sure
        this gets defined for all backends, so linux-fb has a
        chance of compiling.

There will be a gtk+-2.4.4 release soonish that should have this
change.

Sven