[directfb-users] Re: DirectFB persistent video output vs exclusive acces

[directfb-users] Re: DirectFB persistent video output vs exclusive access

Quoting James Gatt:
>    It wouldn't surprise me if in the instances that persistent video output
>    is an issue people wouldn't be using the other (VGA) output from the
>    dual-head cards so all the memory can be used for the video output. In the
>    case of the G450 cards I have that is 16MB on one and 32MB on another. I
>    believe stock G450 cards ship with 16MB and G550 cards have 32MB.
>
>    Do other cards have this same issue with the TV output?

I don't think it's a big issue to create some windows on the TV out.
As the resolution is limited to 720x576 it won't take too much memory.

>    Ville speaks of a screen API. This sounds very interesting; is there more
>    information about this somewhere, or should I just download the CVS head
>    and look at the source? How "working" is the CVS head normally kept?

You can have a look at the screen API using the online API reference
that I've updated recently.