[directfb-users] Re: Multi-column listbox in DirectFB

[directfb-users] Re: Multi-column listbox in DirectFB

Quoting Bobby Sardana:
> Hello Sven & all,
>
> Thank you for replying to my 1st question on whether GTK components can
> be mixed with DirectFB APIs. The reason I asked this question was that I
> am looking for pre-built components like listbox, tree manager etc. I am
> aware that some of these components are available in GTK and did not
> want to code them from scratch in DirectFB.
>
> Was wondering if DirectFB provides such components? That would allow me
> not to mix GTK widgets with DirectFB APIs.

Have a look at "lite" from CVS. It's in a very early stage, but you can
easily write new components like list boxes. A tree manager would be more
complex, of course.

I like the idea of Ian to have a pure widget rendering library.

"LiTE is a Toolkit Engine" that shouldn't provide widgets by itself,
especially the rendering should be implemented externally. But I think
it would be fine if LiTE provides the logics behind all widgets and
plug the style module for rendering.