[directfb-users] Re: DirectFB won't restore screen on exit on i810

[directfb-users] Re: DirectFB won't restore screen on exit on i810

Quoting Christian.Daschill@skf.com:
>    >> Module loads ok, all DirectFB apps & examples run fine but complain
>    about
>    >> "video mode not set"
>    >Please ignore that, it's a glitch in the CVS version that will be fixed
>    >prior to the next release (this month).
>    OK, good to know.
>    Is the "(!) DirectFB/core/fbdev: Panning display failed!
>        --> Invalid argument                        "
>    when using the VESA driver in the same league?

No, that's not a problem of DirectFB.

>    >You can recover your screen by killing the app and running "chvt 1".
>    How can I do that if I don't have telnet or ssh access?

If you have the Magic SysRq keys compiled in, you can press SysRq+K
to kill all apps on the active VT and switch back to your original VT.