[directfb-users] Re: DirectFB apps hard lock my machine usingker nel 2.6

[directfb-users] Re: DirectFB apps hard lock my machine usingker nel 2.6.7

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:58:43 -0400
Bill Hayden <bhayden@webmd.net> wrote:

> > Only strange setup in my box is that I compiled the glibc library
> > with nptl support, may this be the cause of the problem?
> Then everyone with RedHat9/Mandrake10/Fedora would be complaining.  I
> doubt NPTL is the cause.
Well, apparently it was the nptl.
Some of us (so this is not isolated to me) recompiled to what gentoo
considered stable, i.e., kernel-headers 2.4.21, glibc 2.3.3.20040420,
without nptl of course. Upon recompilation of DirectFB (0.9.20) and dfb
apps, everything was working again (on a variety of 2.6.7 and 2.6.8pre
kernels).

--
May a deranged midget on a pogo stick take refuge in your sister's hoop
skirt.