[directfb-users] Re: problems compiling DirectFBGL

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 11:43:28AM +0100, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 13:39 +0300, Ville Syrjälä wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 01:17:54AM +0300, Ville Syrjälä wrote:
> > > I have some mga driver stuff pending (I ripped some fixed dmatmp stuff
> > > from Mesa cvs) so I think I should update the tarball.
> >
> > Ok I just uploaded my latest stuff. I'm pretty sure the code was working
> > correctly before but now I'm getting segfaults in mallopt() in libc when I
> > quit the DirectFBGL examples. On the other hand Mesa demos via freeglut
> > don't segfault. Quake3 hangs when I quit it or try to change the "system"
> > options.
>
> So you actually run quake3 successfully under directfb with hardware
> acceleration?

Yes. Dok came up with the hack originally. It creates a new surface for
the OpenGL app which is quite ok for fullscreen DGA apps but it's really
bad for non-DGA apps since input is handled by the original X window and
the graphics are drawn in the other surface. ThinkTanks is one such app.
Nevertheless I've played it and other games. I'm pretty sure I got ut2k3
to work also but that was through SDL.