[directfb-users] Re: problems compiling DirectFBGL

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 01:30:31AM +0300, Ville Syrjälä wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 09:08:47PM +0300, Ville Syrjälä wrote:
> > >
> > > And u2t2k3 runs with just a console?
> >
> > I'm pretty sure I always ran it under XDirectFB but AFAIK it doesn't use
> > any X calls it should work without X. I'll try the latest ut2k3 patch
> > again and let you know if I can still make it work...
>
> I just tested it under DFBTerm and it worked fine. That is until I hit a
> sw fallback and the framerate dropped to ~1 fps :(

I tried ut2k4 today and to my surprise it works better than ut2k3. It felt
quite fast and didn't hit sw fallbacks. The only big problem was that the
text in all of the options screens etc. was totally scrambled. I could
barely make out the correct buttons to press so that I could actually play
and exit the game.