[directfb-users] Re: DirectFB crosscompile - How ?

[directfb-users] Re: DirectFB crosscompile - How ?

I've had a similar problem when cross-compiling GTK+ over DirectFB.

My suggestion:

Get rid off the .la files generated by libtool for DirectFB, to force the next configure step to use pkgconfig .pc files to find dependency libraries (save the .la files on a temporary directory, in case you need them in the future).

Then you must do one of the following:
a) patch the .pc files for DirectFB to point "prefix" to your temporary installation directory (in your case /source/directfb/dfb) or
b) patch the configure of your library that will use DirectFB to add "--define-variable=prefix=/source/directfb/dfb" to all pkgconfig calls with arguments "--cflags" or "--libs".

You should also set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /source/directfb/dfb/lib. I prefer setting it when calling configure like this:

$ ./configure \
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${TARGET_PREFIX}/lib/pkgconfig \
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${TARGET_PREFIX}/lib \
--host=${TARGET} --prefix=/usr

Hope this helps,
José Gonçalves