[directfb-users] Re: G400 CRTC2 issues in CVS

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 10:55:48PM -0300, Rob Shortt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having problems with running the programs in DirectFB-examples from
> cvs on my G400 crtc2 (FBDev Primary Layer works fine).  Some of the
> problems that occur are:
>
> df_fire:  (#) DirectFBError [IDirectFB::CreateSurface() failed]: Not
> supported!  Using force-windowed makes that error go away however I am
> just left with a black screen.
>
> dfbg:  (!!!)  *** ONCE [unimplemented destination format (0x00200806)]
> *** [gfx_util.c:127 in rgba_to_dst_format()]  Of course I get the same
> error for anything using IDirectFBImageProvider.
>
> I see that in rgba_to_dst_format() there is no case for DSPF_YUY2, is
> there a reason for that?  (Please excuse my ignorance.)

The reason is the chroma sub-sampling of YUV formats. To get corect
results we'd need to blend between several pixels. And just fixing
rgba_to_dst_format() wouldn't help much since the sotware accel code would
need a lot of work as well.

> The dfbdump
> utility is reporting a format of YUY2 on CRTC2.

A quick fix is simply changing the format with dfblayer.

My plan is to fix things so that the pixelformat option will affect
whatever layer is selected with the primary-layer option. Currently it
only works for the fbdev layer.

> Do these apps just need to be updated to DirectFB CVS or have things
> changed with how the G400 CRTC2 works?

I don't think anything has changed. It has always been like this.