[directfb-users] Re: DirectFB crosscompile - How ?

[directfb-users] Re: DirectFB crosscompile - How ?

Quoting Jose Miguel Goncalves:
> Get rid off the .la files generated by libtool for DirectFB, to force the
> next configure step to use pkgconfig .pc files to find dependency libraries
> (save the .la files on a temporary directory, in case you need them in the
> future).
>
> Then you must do one of the following:
> a) patch the .pc files for DirectFB to point "prefix" to your temporary
> installation directory (in your case /source/directfb/dfb) or
> b) patch the configure of your library that will use DirectFB to add
> "--define-variable=prefix=/source/directfb/dfb" to all pkgconfig calls with
> arguments "--cflags" or "--libs".
>
> You should also set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /source/directfb/dfb/lib. I prefer
> setting it when calling configure like this:
>
> $ ./configure \
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${TARGET_PREFIX}/lib/pkgconfig \
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${TARGET_PREFIX}/lib \
> --host=${TARGET} --prefix=/usr

It should be sufficient to do:

export LIBS="-L/source/directfb/dfb/lib"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/source/directfb/lib/pkgconfig"

prior to running configure.

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is only relevant during runtime AFAIK.