[directfb-users] Re: G400 CRTC2 issues in CVS

[directfb-users] Re: G400 CRTC2 issues in CVS

Ville Syrjälä wrote:
On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 10:45:26PM -0300, Rob Shortt wrote:
I don't think there's much point in going that far. If an app uses something else than the primary layer then it certainly should know what it's doing and configure the pixelformat properly.
Yes, that makes sense.

I went poking around matrox_crtc2.c and tried some formats besides YUY2 (RGB32, ARGB, AiRGB), with ill results. I no longer get the "unimplemented destination format" message but am left with a black screen. Perhaps a register got screwed up. After reverting my changes it took a cold boot to put things right.

So you just changed the the pixelformat in crtc2InitLayer()? That should have solved your problems.
Yes. I did this again and it is working fine now (DSPF_RGB32), thanks. Something else I was messing with must have turned things bad the last time.

Thanks for your help,
-Rob