[directfb-users] Re: NSC GX1 16x9 modes

Sorry,

Yes I am.  I was just using the 1280x1024 in the SetVideoMode to try to
find where the problem is.  When I use 1368x768-16 in there
(SetVideoMode(dfb, 1368, 768, 16);) I get distorted graphics on the
framebuffer.  In my test I had 3 sub surfaces with 3 gifs.  One of them
was about 400 pixels in height.  That was the only one to display as
it's y position was 0.  It ended up being stretched the entire height of
the screen, and I could see blank lines from the interlacing (on the
graphic).  It looks like it's doing interleaving.

When I use 1024x768, that works, but the graphics "repeat" after x =
1024.  At first I thought this was a problem in the v4l driver, however
that appears to be behaving (aside from scaling currently) correctly.
When I switched the resolution of directfb to 1280x1024 that did not
happen.  So I figure if I can get directfb to work with 1368x768 I
should have no problems.

DirectFB only cares that there is enough video memory for the surface at
a resolution correct?  I have found a lot of limitations on the x
resolution in the nsc fb driver and the v4l2 driver which incorrectly
assume a 4x3 display however with those removed a 16x9 resolution works
on the hardware.  I read through the driver dependant code in directfb
for the gx1, and there did not appear to be any limitations.  Did I miss
something?

Setting that resolution in DirectFB may also be causing a side effect in
the video capture however I would expect that to happen just by setting
the framebuffer resolution to 1368x768 since that is the resoltion that
v4l2 reads, and had I not addressed all those instances I would see it
even when DirectFB was at 1024x768.  Basically from my understanding,
DirectFB is a level removed from that.

I'll recheck the resolutions in all 3 parts tomorrow, it may be that
v4l2 doesn't think the x resolution is > 1024 unless directfb is in
1368x768. (though it worked at 1280x1024 ... but in 8 bit).  So it may
be doing interleaving, which would cause the height to be doubled and
show that effect on my display.