[directfb-users] directfb not displaying text

[directfb-users] directfb not displaying text

Hi,

I have run all the demos successfully, they all terminate error free,
but there is never any text. If I run df_font, the grid comes up but no
text. If I run "df_dok --draw-string" I get the logo then a black
screen, then a black screen with a line at the top. Never any text.

also i have run dfpoint with the test presentation, all the slides and
images are displayed, but no text.

I am running a stock slackware 9.0 setup!