[directfb-users] Re: how to get the distorted window stuff done using Te

[directfb-users] Re: how to get the distorted window stuff done using TextureTriangles?

Quoting dave giffin:
> I saw on the DirectFB site some screenshots of windows
> being distorted and other visual effects.
> ("TextureTriangles Method" )
>
> I would like to try that but I can't find out how to
> activate it (if its included as part of XDirectFB?) or
> how to install support for it.

The screenshot shows one of the example programs which is
called "df_texture". Without parameters it shows a default
texture, but you can specify the window id of an existing
window and df_texture uses its surface for texturing.

To have real 3D window management, one needs to write another
window manager module which does all the translation between
different coordinate systems, i.e. input event coordinates,
window output coordinates, 3D coordinates etc.

Window manager modules are located in "wm/". The "default" is
the standard 2D manager, but scaled windows could be implemented
easily.