[directfb-users] Re: booting dfb-prg from inittab

[directfb-users] Re: booting dfb-prg from inittab

This sounds like it could be related to a problem I've been having. If I start irexec from inittab (or any init script), any program launched by irexec that uses directfb fails to start. However, if I start irexec from the command line (still as root) everything works correctly. I am suspecting there is a difference in the environment used by the init - perhaps something extra needs to be put in PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I haven't looked into it any more yet.

James.

Lars Märcher Sandig wrote:

I have a program that uses directfb and it runs fine from the
commandline, but when I setup it up to start from inittab, it starts the
program but it does not setup the directfb, it seems to get stuck.

What can I do to make it work.

Lms