[directfb-users] Re: XDirectFB on secend head flickers

[directfb-users] Re: XDirectFB on secend head flickers

Ville Syrjälä wrote:

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 10:58:23PM +0200, TheNop wrote:

I have tested the option FLICKER_FILTERING but nothing happend.
I have the same line flicker effect as before. Switching on and off has no effect.

I tested xfree with fbdev driver on the TV an I saw the same line flicker effect as using XDirectFB.

Both matroxfb and the XFree86 driver use the CRTC2 RGB mode + maven scaler so the filter should work with both.

matroxset can be used to change the filter settings for matroxfb. 'matroxset -l' should list the available controls and 'matroxset -c <something>' should change them.

Only when I'm using the mga driver for xfree I have real stable output on my TV without any line flicher effect.

So the driver always enables the filter.

I get no list with 'matroxset -l"

mmstation root # matroxset -l
|Id      |Curr |Def. |Min  |Max  |Name                            |

What do I wrong ?

Best regards
TheNop