[directfb-users] Re: XDirectFB on secend head flickers

[directfb-users] Re: XDirectFB on secend head flickers

Ville Syrjälä wrote:

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 12:36:01AM +0200, TheNop wrote:

Ville Syrjälä wrote:

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 12:23:28AM +0200, TheNop wrote:

Ville Syrjälä wrote:

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 10:58:23PM +0200, TheNop wrote:

I have tested the option FLICKER_FILTERING but nothing happend.
I have the same line flicker effect as before. Switching on and off has no effect.

I tested xfree with fbdev driver on the TV an I saw the same line flicker effect as using XDirectFB.

Both matroxfb and the XFree86 driver use the CRTC2 RGB mode + maven scaler so the filter should work with both.

matroxset can be used to change the filter settings for matroxfb. 'matroxset -l' should list the available controls and 'matroxset -c <something>' should change them.

Only when I'm using the mga driver for xfree I have real stable output on my TV without any line flicher effect.

So the driver always enables the filter.

I get no list with 'matroxset -l"

mmstation root # matroxset -l
*--------+-----+-----+-----+-----+--------------------------------*
|Id |Curr |Def. |Min |Max |Name |
*--------+-----+-----+-----+-----+--------------------------------*

What do I wrong ?

I'm not sure. I've never tried that stuff myself. Maybe you kernel is too old (2.4.22 appears to have the required ioctls). Did you have TV out enabled when you tried the matroxset command?

I tried both tv on and off, but no list:-)
I have kernel 2.4.26 running and I have matroxfb_ctrl2 build in the kernel (no module). i2c-matroxfb and matroxfb_mave are modules

Ok I see the problem now. Try 'matroxset -f /dev/fb0 -l'.

I tried 'matroxset -f /dev/fb0 -l' it works under kernel 2.6.7 but it dosen't work when I have kernel 2.4.26 running.
There is one more different, I use the matroxfb_crtc2 as module with kernel 2.6.7.
I will try if matroxset -l is working, when use matroxfb_crtc2 as module with kernel 2.4.26.

If I set deflicker option (kernel 2.6.7) to maaximum of 2, then the line flicker effect is gone :-) That's great. Hopefully I get I get it working with kernel 2.4.26.

Thanx a lot
CU

The Nop