[directfb-users] Portrait mode display.

Hi there,

One of my applications has to display in portrait mode on a 16:9 LCD screen
(768x1280). The current implementation (pre-DirectFB) uses a nasty software
rotation technique that rotate-blits dirty parts of the (system memory)
backbuffer 90 degrees to the front buffer. On lower resolutions, this is slow
already, in 1280x768 it's just awful.

I guess I can do more work on the rotation algorithm, such as keeping CPU
cache line sizes in mind etc, but I was wondering if rotation can be done in
hardware somehow. Software rotation means using a screen buffer in system
memory rather than video memory, killing all acceleration. I'm using a
mini-ITX board with the CLE266 chipset. If the CLE266 can't do it, is there
any other supported chipset that can?

Cheers!

    Rob

--