[directfb-users] Re: Portrait mode display.

[directfb-users] Re: Portrait mode display.

Quoting Rob Kramer:
> I guess I can do more work on the rotation algorithm, such as keeping CPU
> cache line sizes in mind etc, but I was wondering if rotation can be done in
> hardware somehow. Software rotation means using a screen buffer in system
> memory rather than video memory, killing all acceleration. I'm using a
> mini-ITX board with the CLE266 chipset. If the CLE266 can't do it, is there
> any other supported chipset that can?

Hi,

texture mapping could be used to rotate the image.

Have a look at IDirectFBSurface::TextureTriangles().
I haven't tested it for a while on a CLE266, but it's
working great on Matrox now.

The vertices and texture coordinates for such a rotation
are fairly simple.