[directfb-users] Re: Portrait mode display.

[directfb-users] Re: Portrait mode display.

Hi,

On Thursday 12 August 2004 01:23 am, Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:
> texture mapping could be used to rotate the image.
>
> Have a look at IDirectFBSurface::TextureTriangles().
> I haven't tested it for a while on a CLE266, but it's
> working great on Matrox now.
>
> The vertices and texture coordinates for such a rotation
> are fairly simple.

Ah, thanks! The df_texture demo is very promising and works perfectly on the
CLE266. Now I better get some 3D skills, the ve.c source is hard to
understand due to all the matrix math. Any idea where I could get a start at
reading up on what for example W, S, T coordinates mean in DFBVertex?

Hmm, I don't even see how a rectangle is drawn in df_texture, if the entire 3D
system works with triangles. 3D newbie for sure..

Cheers,

    Rob

--
aibohphobia