[directfb-users] Questions about DirectFB Readme

[directfb-users] Questions about DirectFB Readme

Reading through the Readme of DirectFB gave me the following questions:

1. Build requirements (dependent packages):
  - freetype (version >= 2.0.1)
  - libjpeg62
  - libpng2 or libpng3
  - zlib
Could anybody give a short description why these packages are needed?
The Debian libdirectfb package doesn't mention freetype, what is
correct? Current Debian libpng package is libpng12 and zlib1g.

2. The Readme mentions the following access rights
  crw-rw----    1 root     tty       29,   0  /dev/fb0
  crw-rw----    1 root     tty       10,   1  /dev/psaux
  crw-rw----    1 root     tty        4,   0  /dev/tty0
Are they still needed? Besides even with
  crw-------    1 root     tty        4,   0  /dev/tty0
I can "cat /dev/tty0" as a normal user while I get an access denied with
"cat /dev/psaux". Is this normal?

3. Kernel tmpfs
  mount tmpfs /dev/shm -ttmpfs
Is this really needed? Why?