[directfb-users] Re: I have Video

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 03:22:23PM -0000, Peace Monk wrote:
> At last I have video.  I had some older directfb drivers installed by Mandrake, so I uninstalled all of them, and recompiled everything.
>
> Now, the good news is I have video.  However, the video seems to go
> frame by frame, or like in slow motion

Make sure you have write-combining enabled for the video memory. Matroxfb
should do this automagically for you. You can check this from the
output of 'fbset -i' and 'cat /proc/mtrr'.

Also you can try with 'mplayer -benchmark -nosound ...'. The video should
be too fast now. You also add -frames N option. Replave N with some
reasonable number of frames eg. 1000. When it has played the N frames you
will get the benchmark results.

> and I have no sound (I am using 2
> speaker analog connection from my sound card). Could it be the sound is
> in AC3?

It's trying to use the software ac3 decoding so I think it should work. I
use ALSA myself so I don't really know anything about the OSS audio
driver.