[directfb-users] Re: MPlayer on G400 troubles

[directfb-users] Re: MPlayer on G400 troubles

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 02:38:55PM +0100, James Gatt wrote:

Please no more html.

> Is there a plan for 0.9.21 soon?

Judging from the feel of things I think it's quite close now. Dok could
give you a real answer :)

Personally I don't have many pending TODOs. I might have some mach64
updates and I'd like to solve the keymap problem with the linux-input
driver. It seems to work fine with the keymap code ripped from the
keyboard driver. We should probably move that code to a common place...

> Although I have not built the CVS
> version yet myself, the impression I get is it is stable and using it
> appears to be the answer to more and more questions in this list.

It's the standard answer to Matrox G400 + kernel 2.6 questions anyway :)

> If
> what is in CVS right now was packaged as 0.9.21, people would use that,
> and then report problems against something that is not almost a year
> old!
> I am currently using 0.9.20 with a 2.6 kernel and G450, but it did
> require a little hacking.

Really? I think G450/G550 should work on 2.6 + 0.9.20 without major
surgery. Or maybe I'm forgetting some other limitations in 0.9.20.