[directfb-users] Re: {Spam?} df_xine couldn't open video driver 'DFB'

[directfb-users] Re: {Spam?} df_xine couldn't open video driver 'DFB'

Markus Wolters wrote:
Hello,
I've just installed directfb 0.9.2, directfb-extra and xine-lib 1.0 (with directfb support compiled in).
You don't need to compile xine-lib with directfb support since the
driver included in xine-lib is not used.

Every regular df example works fine, but if I try df_xine (or sample1/2) the program stops and an error appears:
Couldn't open video driver 'dfb'. I already tried the test code posted at the list before and it gave me no error.
Does anyone know a solution for this problem?
After installing the DirectFB-extra package, you should have a file
named xineplug_vo_out_dfb.so (this is the video output plugin for
DirectFB) under xine plugins' directory (generally /usr/lib/xine/plugins/1.0.0/). If that file is there and
xine can't load it, probably you have some linker/compiler problem.

P.S.: Could you correct the date on your machine?
Your mails are marked as spam because the year is set to 2004
instead of 2005.

--
Regards,
Claudio Ciccani