[directfb-users] Re: static builds using directfb-config?

[directfb-users] Re: static builds using directfb-config?

Quoting Al Hooton:
> 	I'm getting started with DirectFB, and have had no trouble
> building/using with dynamically-linked libs.
>
> 	However, after reading the FAQ and searching through the list archives,
> I can't get a successful configure/build for using static libs.

[...]

> 	However, after the above steps, I still get the "system not found"
> error when running one of the tools, say dfbinfo.

You don't specify linked in modules at DirectFB build time, but
at link time of your application. You can either specify each
module's ".a" file along with a linker directive to include the
constructor function of the module, or you can simply link in the
installed ".o" versions of those.

The installed script "directfb-config" prints out all required linker
options for the desired modules:

dok@master[~] directfb-config --libs --graphics=radeon --input=keyboard,ps2mouse

-static
/usr/local/lib/directfb-0.9.21/systems/libdirectfb_fbdev.o
/usr/local/lib/directfb-0.9.21/wm/libdirectfbwm_default.o
/usr/local/lib/directfb-0.9.21/inputdrivers/libdirectfb_keyboard.o
/usr/local/lib/directfb-0.9.21/inputdrivers/libdirectfb_ps2mouse.o
/usr/local/lib/directfb-0.9.21/gfxdrivers/libdirectfb_radeon.o
-L/usr/local/lib -ldirectfb -lfusion -ldirect -lpthread -lz

Try "directfb-config --help" for more options.