[directfb-users] Re: matrox tv-out zsnes and fceu stretching issues

[directfb-users] Re: matrox tv-out zsnes and fceu stretching issues

Shawn Dowler wrote:

This issue may not be directly related to directfb, but I think the
answer (whether I like it or not) lies somewhere with directfb.

I using CVS of directfb with a matrox g450 card. Everything is
running great, and I finally got everything figured out with regular
display issues. My question is, is there any way to tell directfb to
stretch certain programs' display?

Both zsnes and fceu (and most emulators) run with a pixel aspect
ration of 1:1. That means the display always has black bars on the
left and the right. The image displayed is not the normal aspect
ration and appears too narrow on the screen. Is there a way to tell
directfb to alter these programs' display sizes?

I also have this problem, it would be nice to get rid of the black bars.
Or maybe it's directly related to zsnes, and since zsnes developers refuse to add support for custom resolutions, I guess im screwed :(
And snes9x doesn't support SDL nor directfb so that's not an option either.

With fceu one can specify the x and y for the window size, but it
doesn't affect the windows' contents because fceu seems to keep the
aspect ratio the same no matter what.

Hmm, I'm not able to set xres and yres at all.. everytime i try, it goes in to:
SDL DirectFB_SetVideoMode: 768x672@32, flags: 0x40000001
Initializing video... Video Mode: 768 x 672 x 32 bpp

And I get a flashing blue screen :( Is this because of the 672 vertical lines being > 576? or 480 maybe?

Obviously with more directfb aware programs (mplayer, freevo) this
doesn't happen.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

If this can't be done, or another solution be found that's alright...
thanks for all your great work. I'm able to do things with directfb I
never thought were possible!

Shawn Dowler

Anyway, some help or insight would be nice..
/Patric Karlsson