[directfb-users] Re: Strange tv out problems with G400DH

[directfb-users] Re: Strange tv out problems with G400DH

Ville Syrjälä wrote:

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 02:04:49PM +0100, FeNiX wrote:

I am having some weird problems with tv output using directfb. I have G400DH connected to tv.
I am trying to watch dvd with mplayer using dfbmga and picture is very choppy. I noticed one thing: picture is choppy even if i pause it in mplayer. It seems that there is some problem with fast movments, or sudden scene changes. Only is choppy object that is moving, still images like background are ok.. Sometimes it is ok at first and after a few minutes it becomes choppy again. This problem happens only with dvd, I can normaly watch other formats (divx, mpeg, ...). At first I thought that problem is with dvd drive or with dvd drivers, but then i tried to watch dvd on monitor and with dfbmga:bes parametar and picture was perfect. So problem must be somewhere in directfb g400 tv output. I also noticed this problem with df_xine.

The DVD is probably interlaced. You can try -vo dfbmga:fieldparity=top (or bottom) or you can deinterlace the video.

Shouldn't this be autodetected?