[directfb-users] Re: df_xine with Matrox G450 TV-out

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 05:19:06PM +0000, Tony Houghton wrote:
> I can't get df_xine to work with my TV. Depending on various vt options
> in /etc/directfbrc and/or whether I use df_xine -l 2, I either get a
> completely black screen or flickering spots and mangled black & white
> bits of picture reminiscent of a very knackered VCR.

With primary-layer=2 you need to use df_xine -l 0.

If you don't force the layer df_xine seems to make some bad assumptions
about the primary layer.

Also for some reason it doesn't allow YUV formats unless the layer has
DLCAPS_SCREEN_LOCATION. Claudio what's the deal with this one?

A short test of df_xine has convinced me to stick with mplayer. Having
tried just two divx files CPU usage with df_xine is about 57% with both
files whereas with mplayer I get about 17% for one and 7% for the other.
Quite a difference and it makes me think something is very very wrong with
df_xine.