[directfb-users] Re: dfbmga loosing av-sync (Was: Field paritywithRGB ou

[directfb-users] Re: dfbmga loosing av-sync (Was: Field paritywithRGB out)

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Tony Houghton wrote:
In what way is it unviewable?
Without the -vsync I'm getting an annoying twitch or jerk in the movement of the picture every now and then. The amount seems to depend on how much there's movement in the video. E.g. watching hockey is a nightmare because there's 2-5 jerks / s.

On the other hand, with -vsync the picture is like a postcard. There's no flicker, twitching etc and the quality is better than from dvd or dvb-stb. Hopefully someone can point out a fault in my configuration.

Try -ao sdl, that seemed to fix it for me. You might need to install
some SDL libraries and recompile MPlayer. Don't use framedrop, because
that seems to make it still drop frames too frequently like before. I
I tried all the available audio outputs: oss, sdl, alsa but no effect. I used the -framedrop just to illustrate that with -vsync mplayer can keep up the sync by dropping frames.

found that it still lost sync in one of my VDR recordings, but all of a
sudden instead of gradually, and I think it may have been caused by
stream errors. I didn't think of trying -autosync at the time; that
might fix it, because I could see the frame numbers also out of sync in
MPlayer's stdout, so it should be able to tell it's gone out of sync and
by how much. I don't think -autosync fixes the original problem though.
Unfortunately this doesn't seems to help. =(

Tomi Hautakoski
thauta@iki.fi
                   Useless Invention: Frictionless Sandpaper.