[directfb-users] Re: dfbmga loosing av-sync (Was: Field paritywith RGB o

[directfb-users] Re: dfbmga loosing av-sync (Was: Field paritywith RGB out)

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Ville Syrjälä wrote:
The command is mplayer -vo dfbmga:fieldparity=top:buffermode=triple:input
-fs -vsync and without the -vsync av-sync is perfect but the picture is
unviewable. Any ideas?
Drop the -vsync option. Using it makes triple buffering effectively
double buffering. Maybe you need to use fieldparity=bottom to get a good
picture.
Hmm, the fieldparity=bottom made the video look even worse when I removed the -vsync. I don't know anything about these different kinds of buffering techniques but how come the triple can have more flicker & jerkiness than the -vsync with ~double?

Could it be somehow related to hardware?

Tomi Hautakoski
thauta@iki.fi
Useless Invention: Frictionless Sandpaper.