The new SaWMan release has stereoscopic display support now!
This includes windows with stereo depth (disperity),
but also allows windows to have two buffers (left and right) by themselves.
Special thanks to Broadcom for development of that extension!
There's also another DirectFB release allowing stereo output via X11, e.g. on second head to 3DTV using side-by-side output!
This works via a new runtime option, e.g. "x11-borderless=1920.0,mode=1920x1080" removing the window borders and moving the X11
window onto second head at 1920,0 and size 1920x1080.
For detailed info click on the news title
The following are the changes in the new DirectFB release:
- Implement primary surface creation with DSCAPS_STEREO in fullscreen and windowed mode.
- Add DFFA_STYLE_BOLD for loading bold face from a file.
- Add DSECAPS_FRAMING to indicate support for different stereo output modes.
- Add full resolution side-by-side to DFBScreenEncoderPictureFraming and rework naming.
- Move _Layer/_Window implementation of Get/SetStereoEye() to generic IDirectFBSurface, add missing generic FlipStereo().
- Add 'x11-borderless=[x.y]' to disable X11 window borders and optionally position window
- Add BatchFill driver function to reduce overhead.
- Add BatchBlit driver function to reduce overhead.
- Fix crash when dfb_wm_update_cursor() is called with 'no-cursor' option.
- In region_buffer_lock() fix surface accessor argument for right buffer lock.
- In dfb_layer_region_flip_update() redirect to dfb_layer_region_flip_update_stereo() automatically.
- In dfb_window_create() add DSCAPS_STEREO when DWCAPS_STEREO is used.
- Add stereo display support via side-by-side output, implement 'x11-borderless' option.
- Add support for DFFA_VERTICAL_LAYOUT and DFFA_STYLE_ITALIC.
- Add simple test for stereo depth of windows.
You can find the release in the "Core" tab on the "Downloads" page.