[directfb-users] DirectFB apps hard lock my machine using kernel 2.6.7

Subject says it all...
I can't get any DirectFB app to work using kernel 2.6.7. Haven't tried
2.6.6,  2.6.5 works ok. This is the app start log:

(*) parsing config file '/etc/directfbrc'.

       ---------------------- DirectFB v0.9.20 ---------------------
             (c) 2000-2002  convergence integrated media GmbH
             (c) 2002-2003  convergence GmbH

(*) Single Application Core. (2004-06-18 07:43)
(*) DirectFB/misc/memcpy: using linux kernel memcpy()

My machine locks hard at this point. I checked the system logs but there
is nothing interesting in there. Note that using kernel 2.6.5 DirectFB
will want to use the libc flavour of memcpy(), and works correctly, so
this appears to be the root of the problem.
I'm not the only one to have this issue, in fact I report this after
several users of qingy (http://qingy.sourceforge.net) reported me the
same.

I'll be happy to provide you with any info you may think useful...

My regards,
Michele Noberasco

--
It's useless to try to hold some people to anything they say while
they're madly in love, drunk, or running for office.