About the Port
A PSP (Playstation Portable) port would be the first DirectFB port which doesn't run on a full blown OS. It would NOT be a port for Linux on PSP (http://df38.dot5hosting.com/~remember/chris/). It would rather be a port using the free toolchain and pspsdk. DirectFB would run on Sonys PSP OS.
What has to be done
- Threads, mutexes, conditionals.
- a wrapper for SONY's sceTreads could be written
- support for sceThreads could be built into DirectFB (fusion). In DirectFB pthreads are wrapped more or less even now.
- the fairly complete phtread wrapper for the psp (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pthreads-emb/) could be used.
- DirectFB system
- Initialize the PSP framebuffer
- mode switching
- Input Driver
- wrap the functions found in the pspsdk
- Graphics Driver
- use the libGU (a low level driver, which provides hardware acceleration) from the pspsdk
- or - alternatively: access the hardware directly and assemble command buffer packets in a similiar fashion like libGU.